How to Join
Field Epidemiology Society of Kenya is composed of over 200 active members. Members are able to participate in the activities of or receive the services of
this society. Membership to this society is open to applicants who have graduated from the Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Program(FELTP) or undergoing
training in FELTP and who subscribe to the mission, vision and goals of the society. There are five membership categories as captured
in FESK constitution to choose from:
- Full Member
- Any qualified (graduated) Field Epidemiologist who is registered and has paid the annual subscription fees. A full member shall be entitled to vie for a position in the advisory board and to vote during meeting.
- Associate Member
- Any Field Epidemiologist who has completed FELTP course, is yet to graduate, and is registered and has paid the annual subscription fees. An associate member shall NOT be entitled to vie for a position in the advisory board, but shall vote during meeting.
- Student Member
- Any FELTP resident who is registered and has paid the annual subscription fees. A student member shall NOT be entitled to vie for a position in the advisory board, but shall vote during meeting.
- Corporate Member
- Any corporate entity incorporated within and outside Kenya that is involved in Field Epidemiology practices. Shall be eligible to be a member provided it pays registration and annual subscription.
- Honorary Member
- The advisory board shall appoint or nominate persons, not more than five, who have made outstanding contributions to public health to be honorary member. They shall NOT be entitled to vote and or hold office.
If you wish to apply for membership of this society, please download the membership application form
here and fill out all the necessary items, then sign the form. Membership to this society also requires a recommendation from a FESK member who must complete section F of the membership
application form. Send the completed form to: email@example.com.
If you wish to apply as a Student Member (undergraduate or graduate student), please state so in the specified column on the
application form and attach a letter of acceptance to the FELTP Advance Level program or a letter of recommendation from the Head of FELTP.